The first knackered Potterton PCB of the season.

My Potterton Suprima 30 was refusing to fire up for more than a few seconds yesterday, so I followed Potterton's Fault Finding flow chart. This got me as far as "are the two yellow wires to the thermister (sic) shorted?", which was a no. The next but one step was "are the two white wires to the temp control shorted?", which was a yes and therefore "replace Electronic Control", by which I assume they mean the PCB.

However, as part of checking, I inspected the wiring to the thermistor and carefully pulled it in and out. On reassembling everything, it now seems to be working as normal. Is it possible that it is the thermistor not conducting heat properly rather than the PCB?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Sorry - I can't help with your question but an an aside, how do I get hold of a Fault Finding flowchart for my boiler: a Potterton Netaheat 60e ? The only relevant document I can find is the User's Guide at

Paul

Reply to
PHG

In message , Hugo Nebula writes

Unlikely I would have thought

Even if it doesn't have heat sink compound around it, being physically held in place, there's bound to be reasonable conduction to it from the immediate area.

What's the resistance at room temp and up at operating temperature ?

The information contained in this post may not be published in, or used by

raden

In article , raden writes

are they, anyway?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In message , PHG writes

Flowchart?

You're joking

A) don't top post B) give us the symptoms

The information contained in this post may not be published in, or used by

raden

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

This disclaimer means that at least there are grounds to stop them

Unless anyone has a better disclaimer, I suggest anyone who takes offence to them stealing Uk-diy material, use what I have written above, i.e.

The information contained in this post may not be published in, or used by

we can complain to their ISP, as this specifically states that they are not allowed to reproduce it

Reply to
raden

What you need is a disclaimer along the lines of "diyprojects promise to pay me £100 for each post reproduced. Reproduction of this post constitutes acceptance of these terms". Either that or start a thread with a title they wouldn't like and keep replying to it to put it at the top of their forum each time.

Reply to
James Hart

When my P S 80 adopteded the 'fire, fail to fault' mode of operating this time last year I remade all the solder joints on the PCB and it has worked fine ever since. Correction; it has worked as well as one can expect from that model ;-)

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Err ... no

by copying posts which they are specifically told they may not, there is some come back with their ISP and thus they can be kicked

Reply to
raden

The Netaheat is not a complex boiler although it was ahead of the game 20 years ago.

What's the problem?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

in a similar theme, who gave google to reproduce posts, and place contextual adverts? it would be interesting how much advertising money google get from people searching through this group...

prehaps google could provide some sort of community web space for hosting faq's or similar to compensate?

-- Peter D

The information contained in this post may not be published in, or used by

Peter D

C) Don't post rubbish or it'll end up on

forever :)

Reply to
Reckless

I prevent my message from becoming a permanent part of Google Groups? By default, any message you post will be accessible to anyone looking at the newsgroup in which you posted it. However, you can always choose to reply directly to a post by email instead of posting a reply within a newsgroup. With email, only the author will see your message. You can also type "X-No-archive: yes" in the first line of your message. Messages containing this command are sent to Usenet and are available to other newsreaders, but will not be saved in most Usenet archives, including Google Groups

Or contact them here

mogga