Thanks Dad for your DIY

It's amazing how even if you mark out the floor where the pipe and cables runs are that you then just ignore the 'decoration'...

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Hypothetically someone could fall through the ceiling whilst messing about in the loft. Fortunately they managed to get one leg into the bedroom and one into the landing and the dividing wall painfully missed both his legs. And he could not blame his Dad.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Sounds easy, doesn't it?

Try it balancing on a joist, with one arm up to the armpit in the tank, without making the flood worse or putting a foot through the ceiling. Tricky. ......... but it did tach me the benefits of boarding the loft!

Reply to
Geoff Beale

No indiscretion with any hacksaw. I am an expert at using hand tools. Nice to read the ramblings of the inexperineced DIYers though.

Reply to
IMM

Did you have a nice Christmas?

How was Eyebyeza?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not bad there Tosh..

Was that were the Tsunami hit?

Reply to
IMM

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:58:05 -0000, "IMM" strung together this:

Think I didn't know that. Did you know you are a fuckwitted moron?

Ooh, scared....

Reply to
Lurch

You are traceable. Are you typing from prison?

Reply to
IMM

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

What could be dIMMer than thinking that vulgar abuse is 'abuse of the internet' and subject to ISP sanction (rather than abuse on the internet) while simultaneously publishing a libel which just possibly could see both dIMM and his ISP on the wrong end of a suit for defamation of character.

Reply to
Roger

Roger you have been away for a long time. Have you been in prison or somthing similar?

Reply to
IMM

You seem to have prison very much on your mind. Is this the truth about your absence? A short sharp shock?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

dIMM by name, dim by nature how many times do I have to tell you that you are only a google away from establishing that I haven't been away from usenet for any significant periods since I took a break from uk.d-i-y.

Reply to
Roger

I'm not an electrician for the Prison Service.

Reply to
IMM

How dare you. Another one after Dim Lin, the Oriental Enchantress. Maxie will be angry.

You can still post from prison. What Nick and wing?

Reply to
IMM

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

That was you dIMM but would you prefer me to always call you by your given name John?

Voice of experience John?

Incidentally there are a lot of broken combi threads atm. As the leading exponent for combis why aren't you giving those poor souls the benefit of your expertise. Whoops, sorry, I had forgotten such expertise is something you lack.

Reply to
Roger

We knew that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

10/10. V good.
Reply to
IMM

Catching up Roger. I'm exhausted having turned back a few Tsunami's.

Roger, it's probably time for you to go back to the clinic.

Reply to
IMM

So now you're King Knut?

Was it with a hacksaw? Not very effective with plate tectonics unfortunately. Leaves jagged bits at the edges.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:08:09 -0000, "IMM" strung together this:

?????

Reply to
Lurch