Temperature Programmable Oven

Hi,

Has anyone seen an oven where you can set a temperature program as well as an auto-timer? I'd love to be able to occasionally set my Sunday roast to come on automatically but also give it a 20 minute blast before going back down to a normal roasting temperature. I use such ovens routinely at work for a very different application i.e. non-food, so it can't be that difficult. I've asked in a couple of shops (e.g. John Lewis) but no-one seems to have heard of anything.

Reply to
endulini

Some commercial ovens have this facility - some even have USB interfaces to let you hook up a PC to program them & monitor logs, etc.

However you'll not get change out of a 5-digit sum to buy those...

I do remember microwaves being programmable like this though - in the early days of digital control. I wonder if its gone out of fashion because most people would just find it too confusing to do...

Alternatively, since this is a DIY group, build a DIY solution... This:

is a Raspberry Pi which I have controlling one of my ovens...

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

In message , Gordon Henderson writes

We have a Microwave Combi oven, which is programmable like that. It's only a few years old.

Interesting :-)

Reply to
Chris French

endulini laid this down on his screen :

I have never heard of such a domestic oven, but there is a small controller module I used to use, which could be set to do exactly that. You just set the time and the temperature and off it goes, gradually ramping the temperature up and down to order. It used a thermocouple as its temperature feedback.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield