Synthetic Clay Lubricant

So what's in it that makes it expensive. Is it just soap and water?

(Its for use with a clay bar to polish your car)

Reply to
fred

I would doubt it. If you google for the MSDS for the specific product you have in mind, it should give you some idea.

Reply to
newshound

I use a quick detailing spray that I have to hand, not a special claying lubricant, probably similarly expensive ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

No idea but certain clays (like Bilt Hamber) only require water as a lubricant. Personally I use water with a drop of wax free shampoo which works very well. I also have some Autosmart Reglaze which is a dilutable QD product which you can use as clay lube at the correct dilution. I would be happy to decant some and send it over if it's something you'd be interested in as I have far too much!

Reply to
gremlin_95

Thanks to all.

Meguiar astonish me

( All ex Amazon ) Meguiar's Quik Detailer £7.79 Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer £13.18 Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer £8.94 Meguiar's G7616EU Gold Class Quick Premium Quik Detailer £11.86.

w.t.f.

Reply to
fred

The Ultimate QD is the same as Meguiars #135 in their professional range, not sure on the Gold Class and the others!

Reply to
gremlin_95