Studding Out Doorway

Hi All

I have just had two rooms knocked into one and want to loose one of the doors into the (now) one room. Im planning on stripping the architrave and door stop, screw a cls timber studwork to the remaining frame and add some extra supports to this frame. Then pack with rockwool and screw a sheet of 12.5mm plasterboard each side. I will set the plasterboard 4-5mm inset to allow for the layer of skim to finish.

The question is this - should I reinforce the joint between plasterboard and original wall before skimming and if so how? I'm guessing the adhesive scrim wouldnt take to the wall too well? Or should I try and bevel the wall where it meets the plasterboard and just skim?

Cheers

Reply to
Eric Cartman

Could you knock of a few inches of skim on the existing plaster, then scrim and skim the lot?

Reply to
John Rumm