Store Security Tag still attached.

I think the stick on RF loop type are deactivated by passing them over a large RF field. The RF field causes a current to flow in the coil which blows a 'fuse' on the printed circuit, thus deactivating it.

sponix

Reply to
sponix

Oh well I will do that in me back kitchen eh?:)))))))

I think I will continue to stop if my tag is activated when leaving the shop:))) Perhaps Mr Burns doesn't mind holes in his clothes:)

Reply to
Ophelia

Actually you *could* do it in the kitchen, I suspect a couple of seconds in the microwave would suffice.

I find clothes are quite difficult to put on without holes ;-) Can't say it's ever happened with clothes, usually electrical items where the assistant forgets to wave the "wand" over the tag stuck in/on the box.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I say, do you really think so?:) Hmmm not sure I would be prepared to take the risk though of paying good money for something and then the possibility of wrecking it to get the tag off.

and the rest would be for ventilation?

Can't say

Hmm I guess that, being female, the clothes thing was my first thought:)

Reply to
Ophelia

With an angle grinder, of course :-)

Reply to
Andy Wade

I've had the same happen to me with something I bought from Maplin, except it didn't trigger Maplin's detector. The third shop wanted to check my Maplin carrier bag. It was definately this which was triggering the alarm. However, I only had few of the small component poly bags with a piece of card folded in half over them, and no inductive loop label on any of them. Narrowed it down to one of the poly bags. Pulled the card off to look on the back, but nothing. However it was this piece of card. They took it to the cash till and zapped it. I had intended to dissect it when I got home to see if there was a loop embedded in the card, but I forgot.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

LOL

I can just see that working with a nice silky garment:)

Reply to
Ophelia

My tale also starts with Maplin.

I bought one of their ultrasonic measuring devices and shortly after, I found that I could set off Tesco's alarm on the way in, much to the dismay of the 'security' staff. Eventually, curiosity got the better of them and asked what I had in my pocket. Looks like I will have to start carrying it around again. (New staff on the door) ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

That's no way to talk about the checkout staff. :-)

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

LOL

Reply to
Ophelia

A very late reply but the same thing happened to me today. My son's new fancy dress costume had one of the flying saucer thingies left in it. Obviously we didn't find it until 10 minutes before the party. I found the judicious application of a hack saw and a pole of Mole grips dealt with the problem in about 2 minutes.

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark Spice

Well done you:)) I hope he enjoyed the party:))

Ophelia

I ended up with one on a jumper I bought. I took it to bits to see how it worked (this must be an inherent trait of most people in this group). As far as I could see, the pin was gripped by three ball bearings which had to be moved outwards to release it.

The electronics bit is easy by comparison ;-)

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Could have left it on, and sent him along as a kleptomaniac ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Fake moustache and a curly perm wig, send him as a Scouser.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Are the terms not synonymous? ;-)

There is a yacht moored at the marina I use, registered in Liverpool. Its name is "Hot Property".

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Me too, GF brought a pair of jeans home and noticed a flying saucer tag attached. Had to butcher it off. Same design, treble ball bearing catch. Must have been knackered as she said no alarm was triggered. Must have been her foil lined handbag..

Make free phone calls

!

Reply to
tarquinlinbin