Steel reinforcing bar for concrete

Does anybody know where one can obtain steel reinforcing bar as used for concrete (ridged) in 16 or 20mm diameter? I believe these are standard sizes.

I only need a relatively small quantity - about 4x 2m lengths or equivalent

thanks

.andy

Reply to
Andy Hall

Pretty much any builders merchant like Jewson etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

Most builders merchants do it in set sizes, or a specalist reinforcement (use yellow pages) will make it to size & shape.

10mm is the more standard size in builders merchants, in my experience.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Thank you Rick.

I did some phoning of builders' merchants this afternoon - about hafl a dozen of them. All said that they carry it, but none had stock. One said that they would have it "in a couple of days" and the rest weren't sure.

Next stop is steel stockholders and the like to see what they have.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Your first port of call should be a steel stockholders, look in your Yellow Pages. Ask them for any offcuts. A steel stockholder should also be able to cut and bend them to your spec, if required. They're usually flexible on price so look exasperated when given the first price.

Are you sure you need 16mm or 20mm bars? They also come in 6mm, 8mm, 10mm and 12mm dia. Larger diameters are also available.

AT

Reply to
AT

Yes I've found a few of those. Steel Fabricators turned up a few as well.

Probably 16mm will be the right choice for what I want.

Thanks for the pointers.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Try this link, you may need to change your town if wrexham is not where you live.

Rick