Stairwell structure

Hi
I need to find out what the regs say about stairwell headroom - where would I find this stuff?
Also need to know what weight a 100yr old 11ft long 6x2 will happily take, distributed. I have seen siets the pros use, but couldnt make head or tail of the terminology. I dont know what species of wood it is, and presumably its ungraded. Its part of a floor structure.
Basically I have a structure I need to check out to make sure its safe.
Thanks, NT
N. Thornton wrote:

I asked this question a few weeks ago - answer here:-
http://tinyurl.com/k28c
--
Cheers,

John.