Stacking Bricks

I have some 300+ reclaimed house bricks that I need to stack out of the way until needed. It has occurred to me to wonder whether there is a 'correct' way to do this so as to maximise interlocking in three dimensions.
Andrew
Andrew May wrote:

Hmm. I think you have several choices - layers going orthogonally, or herringbone. I stacked about a thousand, and, proivided the ground underneath does not collapse, they are very stable in almost any configuration.
yes Andrew put them one on top of one another, putting the ones that you are going to use first at the bottom, thereby maximising the total effort each time.

crooksie wrote:

i have had a chimney breast removed and a lot of bricks have come from it. there are quite a few chipped ones there. but could these still be used to build, say a small wall or something?
cheers

If they're only chipped and you don't want a fancy facing to a small wall, then why not.
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com