Stacking Bricks

I have some 300+ reclaimed house bricks that I need to stack out of the way until needed. It has occurred to me to wonder whether there is a 'correct' way to do this so as to maximise interlocking in three dimensions.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Hmm. I think you have several choices - layers going orthogonally, or herringbone. I stacked about a thousand, and, proivided the ground underneath does not collapse, they are very stable in almost any configuration.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
crooksie

i have had a chimney breast removed and a lot of bricks have come from it. there are quite a few chipped ones there. but could these still be used to build, say a small wall or something?

cheers

Reply to
One Man Show

If they're only chipped and you don't want a fancy facing to a small wall, then why not.

Reply to
BigWallop