Sourcing of rubber strap

Hi all,
I need to find a metre or so of 20mm x 2mm rubber strap to replace some that has perished on my bike's throw over panniers.
Has anyone got a clue where to find some, as the people who sold me that panniers don't carry any spares
TIA
--
--dave

snipped-for-privacy@nospam.org.uk
Dave wrote:

If you don't mind it being toothed, car timing belts make great straps - very strong, and readily available.
If toothed is no good, you can go for a car multi-V belts (alternator + other accessories). Has grooves along its length, not as strong as timing belt, but still pretty strong.
Either one will be available for free from your friendly local garage.
--
Grunff

Don't know how good you want it to look.Could try cutting strips of bicycle or car inner-tube.Years ago I used to get square cross-section rubber from fishing tackle shops for making catapults or you could try an upholstery(furniture repair) place,some chairs have broad rubber straps stretched across under the seat cushions. Mark Atherton

BMW supply just this as a tie down for small bits of luggage etc in the boot, and it's pretty good quality rubber as I haven't been able to break it. You could try a BMW dealer - despite the rumours, some of their spares prices are reasonable. Just don't ask them to fit it at 110 quid an hour.;-(
--
*How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink? *