Sourcing of rubber strap

Hi all,

I need to find a metre or so of 20mm x 2mm rubber strap to replace some that has perished on my bike's throw over panniers.

Has anyone got a clue where to find some, as the people who sold me that panniers don't carry any spares

TIA

Reply to
Dave

If you don't mind it being toothed, car timing belts make great straps - very strong, and readily available.

If toothed is no good, you can go for a car multi-V belts (alternator + other accessories). Has grooves along its length, not as strong as timing belt, but still pretty strong.

Either one will be available for free from your friendly local garage.

Reply to
Grunff

Reply to
Mark Atherton

BMW supply just this as a tie down for small bits of luggage etc in the boot, and it's pretty good quality rubber as I haven't been able to break it. You could try a BMW dealer - despite the rumours, some of their spares prices are reasonable. Just don't ask them to fit it at 110 quid an hour.;-(

Reply to
Dave Plowman