Sony TV problems

Page 2 of 2

Have you any idea of the cost of a replacement controller? If push comes to shove then I'll probably try to get a replacement from Sony.
Iain

No idea sorry, its a portable I use only occasionally in the bedroom so I've just put up with it as it is for a while. Have a look at the link given by Stuart, looks as though they could supply a suitable replacement, I may well order one of those myself.
Regards,
Nick

Press menu button on the remote then select "Prgramme Presets" from the menu. You say elsewhere that you have a combined TV/video remote. Is it a Sony model (black, marked "SONY")? If it is a replacement no-name brand then it probably doesn't work properly with your TV. Most replacements fail to correctly implement the menu and up/down controls on the Sony remote control.
The good news is that almost all Sony remotes do the same job, so if you have a friend/neighbour with a Sony TV, borrow their remote control and use that. It doesn't need the video controls, the remote from the humble Sony 14xx series will work just as well.
Thanks to all who took the time to try and help me. I've now ordered a new controller from www.remotesreplaced.co.uk
Regards
Iain