Solar lighting

I was looking at solar lighting web sites and on the "Curve Solar Motion Light" product page there are several questions from potential customers and answers from the site. I thought this one was particularly "illuminating":

Question: This light looks really good, but how do I know if the wall I want to fit this on is south facing? I want it to light the front of my house covering my front door and am woried it might not be and the light wont work.

Answer: There are a few mobile phone apps for compasses or you can use Google Maps.

Mike Barnes