Solar food dryer made from old PC cases

Hope this belongs here, doesn't seem to fit as a wood or metal project. It's what I like to call "hillbilly geek". I made a solar food dryer from two old PC cases, using one case fan, which is powered by a small solar panel. One case is the heat collector, the other holds the drying racks. The food is not exposed directly to sunlight. Dried enough tomatoes to make paste for pizza sauce in about 10 hours total. All the pics and details are here 'How (and How Not) to Make a Do-It-Yourself Solar Food Dryer from an Old PC'

Cheers!

- Casey

Reply to
CostaRicaEnvy

this group is uk.d-i-y, this must give you some clue as to where we are, and the fact that we only get 4 hours of sunshine annualy

Reply to
Phil L

Not quite that bad, but I was thinking the same thing.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

"... you get a tan standing in the English rain..." Sort of like that? :) Used to live in Oregon, also a marine climate (in the west portion anyway), but at least we had dry sunny summers. You have my sympathies.

Brian Gaff;3008854 Wrote:

Reply to
CostaRicaEnvy