soil pipe

I would like to know if it is allowed to join plastic soil pipe onto metal. I have an 8 inch OD soil pipe on the outside of the house and I was wanting to change some of it for plastic, unfortunately I can only find 110mm soil pipe, are all the relevant fittings available. What I am trying to do is change the outlet from a new toilet and join into my existing soil pipe. My soil pipe is on the south wall and my toilet is on the west wall.

Reply to
mel_abbott

A good plumbers' merchant will have all sorts of fittings going to and from plastic to cast iron.

A new toilet (ie one in a new location, not a swap) will require Building Regulations approval from the local Council. This may include a pressure test.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

merchant will have all sorts of fittings going to and

swap) will require

Reply to
mel_abbott

Its building regulations approval that you need, not planning permission - strictly speaking yes you do need it, however I doubt many people would bother for such a small change! - I certainly wouldn't

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Pearson