So that's what all this green stuff is about

'facing energy shortfall'

Sounds like the real reason they want us all to use electric candles in place of proper lamps and all this other green nonsense. Should have built those nuclear stations a long time ago like France.

Love the pictures too - scary b/w picture of a nuclear control room and bright colourful picture of windmills and happy children. Never mind the facts, let's have a beauty contest.

Reply to
555

Fortunately all is not lost. It appears that the Isle of Lewis windfarm project is about to get knocked on the head.

Reply to
Andy Hall

And yet we need more people and more homes. B****y politicians !

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

Trouble is most of the population won't spot that sort of thing, but will be influenced by it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Perhaps they should learn to read then and not just look at the pretty pictures.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I took my Maths for Comp Sci exam on acid. All the letters were pretty pictures of houses. ;-)

Reply to
Si

Did you pass?

Reply to
Andy Hall

I received a higher mark than I expected... 5%. This was excellent considering I spent most of the time practising writing my name and the rest watching the sun idly filter through the leaves on the trees outside the windows.

Reply to
Si

Our school maths teacher, when someone gave an incorrect answer, would often remark that they 'might as well be out in the field picking daisies'...

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Wait till your sunday afternoon pleasures unexpectedly extend into Monday morining, and the first thing you meet when you get to work is a emergency project meeting in a room full of venetian blinds..;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You should have done media studies not Maths. You get 10% for getting your name right in a media studies exam with the other 90% made up from course work (ie a good attendance record and watching television).

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Before I respond could someone tell the water cooler to stop flirting with me please.

Reply to
Si

It's the aging demographics that mess things up. Until the elderley have no voting rights there's no solution. They're the ones more likely to vote too. Can you make energy from soylent green?

Reply to
mogga