Smilight Replacement Tubes

Hi, I'm in need of a replacement fluorescent tube for one of my Smilight kitchen (under wall unit) lights. Does anyone know where I can find reasonably priced replacements? I've come across one supplier

but I felt their price is a bit on the high side at £13.87, inc. delivery and VAT.

Thanks, Murdo

Reply to
Murdo

Be a help if you gave the tube spec. There are thousands...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hi, The tube is a 460/K28 - warm white - 13W.

Thanks, Murdo

Reply to
Murdo

try

GB

with no size/power info, who knows. Lectrical wholesalers, screwfix...

Beware of colour temperature though, the colour of white varies greatly with different tubes. Mixing different color temps looks truly crap, so make sure what you get is same type of white.

Also I'd generally recommend either 2700K or 3500K, not 4000K or higher, the high K ones are nasty cold light. 2700K matches filament bulbs, 3500K is a better quality light if youre not mixing it with filament, or dont need it to match filament colour.

NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Hi,

Just been looking for some myself. I got mine through MFI, whos kitchen business originally supplied the kitchen.

I recently ordered 3 of Smilight No 460 13W warm white using MFI orde code BLB9112 at £3 each inc VAT and delivery. Beats Lightbulbs direc somewhat doesn't it ;-)

I also just ordered 3 of Smilight No 950 24W warm white at £8 each in VAT & delivery. MFI order code BLB9113.

The little bulb is presumably BLB9111, but I've never tried.

However, you need to know that they order them from someone else, wh seems to think that the best way to ship metre long 15mm fluorescen tubes is in a poster tube, through regular mail!

So I rejected my first three, all smashed. The replacement three wer fine. The next three included one smashed, which I've just re-ordere (no cost to me).

Colour match seems random, the newest bulb is more violet than war white, but I don't think I have a choice....

Hope that helps...

Cpl.

Murdo Wrote:

-- CplJellyfish

Reply to
CplJellyfish

I was having the same problem. Took the advice of CplJellyfish an placed an order through MFI, but the price for BLB9112 is now £5.00 pe tub

-- CaptGerry

Reply to
CaptGerry

Hi

I have the same, my kitchen came from MFI & they supply the tubes.

8" & 16" are £5.00, 36" is £10.00

HTH Joh

-- jstoc207

Reply to