small flat roof

hi all,i am finishing a little extension circa 20ftx4ft to enclose a passageway at the side of our house,i intend to use strling board as the initial roof material and then felt it all,can you give me some advice on the best way to complete this,materials methods etc,many thanks,Bob

Reply to
leedsbob

"General Brochures" then download the "Coldseal & Quicktrim Design Guide"

Do it exactly how they tell you, not cutting any corners or thinking "I can't understand why they say that, I won't bother", and you'll get a better job than most professionals would manage.

Disclaimer: I've not used that range of Ruberoid materials myself, but following the details in their old "Blue Book" has always given me excellent, neat, and long-lasting results.

Don't be tempted to save a few quid by using cheap felts that don't last a winter on a rabbit hutch.

Reply to
Autolycus

Wickes do a flat roof system, it's really easy to use and doesn't require any special tools. You can pick up one of their "how to" leaflets for it at one of their stores. Can't vouch for its longevity though.

Reply to
clangers_snout

select "General Brochures" then download the "Coldseal & Quicktrim > Design Guide"

Useful article - thanks. My flat roof is about 20 years old - with easy access - and I'd fancied replacing it myself when needed rather than pay out extortionate roofer's prices. But the thought of boiling pitch rather put me off.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)