Sliding door gear - any recommendations please?

Can anyone recommend a simple single sliding door gear suitable for MDF cabinet doors 12mm thick? The ones I've found online all have hangers which screw into the top edge of the door, but 12mm is a bit too narrow and insubstantial for that.

I could use a plastic U-section moulding on the top and bottom of the cabinet opening with the door simply sliding inside it, but would prefer the smoother and more reliable action of wheels on a track.

Many thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Hafele do a selection

sure if this link will work but you would really need to get your hands on a Hafele catalogue to identify the components you would need

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred

Meant to say you can browse their online catalogue as well if you can access their site.

Reply to
fred

Paul, thanks for the link. I do have, from far off days, a printed Häfele catalogue - a mighty hardback tome which they sent me for nothing after I phoned with a stock enquiry - but it seems to be pretty out of date in a lot of areas. Personally I find their website a bit of a trial to navigate (and though I know why they don't, I do wish they'd give prices) but I'll take a look.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

I assume you have tried Henderson? I can only find weight specs., but they are a known manufacturer. If you have already looked at them, fine.

Davey

Thanks for the recommendation. I've used them before for sliding room doors (the Husky range is particularly good) but I'm not sure if they do anything in the small-scale cabinet door line. I'll take a look.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

If not, maybe they can suggest a supplier. I found them very helpful, unlike their local stockist, who kept on not calling back.

Reply to
Davey

In message , Bert Coules writes

Isaac Lord usually do that sort of thing

Reply to
geoff

Thanks.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Try two systems available from Buller Ltd

Below names and links to the sliding door gear systems for single doors, top hung

- Saturn

Jupiter
this helps

Matt

Reply to
Maciej Konarzewski

Matt,

Many thanks for those links: very useful.

Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

Would you let us know which company you finally choose, and how good its product is?

Reply to
Davey