Slate roof temporary repairs?

I want to take some slates off my roof and replace them with with something like plywood for a few months..

Ideas please on what type of plywood to use, and how?

Is there a kind of plastic I can cut with scissors and staple into place between the plywood and the existing slates?

What sort of plywood is best? or would caravan aluminium be better? or what? What do roofers use?

I plan on screwing the plywood into postion, and making a hatchway up to the roof so i can start on patching the roof, learning how to work with slates and lead, make a frame for solar hot water, getting some broken rotten rafters fixed, etc.

[george]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

WBP. Stay well away from wickes though

roofing felt

roofing felt

NT

Reply to
meow2222

why?

isnt all WBP waterproof? if wickes sell dodgy stuff then so may other shops- what am i looking out for?

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

I bought a pile of wbp, it delaminated after one bout of rain. They agreed to replace it, and did so... with more of the same crp. Never again.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I suspect that if that was the case it was not WBP and should not have been sold as such! Chris

Reply to
ali

But doesnt ply have the type that it is printed on it, in which case wickes were selling something called WBP which wasnt waterproof, so if I buy WBP from our local builders merchant how can I suss if it will not delaminate after i've gone to all the trouble of hauling it up and cutting and screwing for my temporary roof repair? (temporary for me means less than ten years)

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

In message , "george (dicegeorge)" writes

Well yes, but I'd suggest it's most likely either a duff batch, badly manufactured, or a mis labelled batch.

I've bought WBP for various places over the years, timber merchants, DIY sheds etc. (including Wickes I'm sure) non has ever delaminated.

Well, it's really somethign I'd worry about (see how many people her will report such experinces), but you could stick an off cut in some water for a bit I guess.

Reply to
chris French