Shower trays

About two thirds through our extension build, (not diy!), and needing to buy or specify lots of fittings. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice for shower trays? DT Render seem to have the size we need, (1000 x 900mm)

anyone with any experience of this manufacturer, good or bad? Mike

Reply to
pepper

=================================== I'm (hopefully) just coming to the end of my bathroom refit and I've built my own shower cubicle based on a 'Coram' shower tray. These trays have a 1" upstand on 3 sides which almost completely eliminates the possibility of water leaking at the base of your tiling. Having seen the advantages of the upstand, I wouldn't consider a flat top tray unless there were special circumstances requiring it.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Cic,

There is no problem with a "flat top" shower base (if you don't use a plastic one that is) with regards to sealing if you use though and care during the installation - the biggest problem (especially with DiY fitting), is the absolute reliance that people seem to have in a silicone mastic seal.

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

Having

My plumber always likes to put in a shower base with an upstand but he only told me after I had bought one without ... Screwfix do a separate upstand seal

anyone used one of these and how was it?

Anna

-- Anna Kettle Lime plaster repair and conservation Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc Tel:    (+44)  01359 230642 Mob:  (+44)  07976 649862 Please look at my website for examples of my work at:

Anna Kettle