Shower for Combi Boiler

Please help and no jargon as I know very little about showers but trying to learn. I have a new Worcester Greenstar 30CDi boiler fitted and need to replace the old shower. Should I buy a thermostatic shower. There is a Mira 415 Combiforce - a shower that I believe isn't thermostatic but maintains the temperature and it says it doesn't need a pump. Is this one good?

Any advice please on which shower (brand and model) to get as I haven't a clue?

Thanks :o)

TH

Reply to
Tyler

yep

as long as your cold supply to the shower is mains and not stored the spec suggests it should work fine

FWIW I always go for a bar shower eg

cheaper operate over a wide pressure range flow and temperature controls more obvious and with a clear temperature limit override if well mounted something to gently hold onto if necessary in my experience reliable even at the £50 mark usually the same fixing centres of 150mm so easy to replace (although the example above says 138mm)

but it's your choice.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Nice advice - thank you. My present shower is concealed but I guess it'll make no difference to having an exposed valve.

Reply to
Tyler

I have a 415 and also had one fitted at my daughter's house. Both are fine - although (after 20 years) I took advice from Mira and fitted a flow restrictor in mine as the combi struggles in the winter to deliver hot enough water. I have reduced the flow from just over 11 litres / min to 9 litres / min. The combi now copes better.

Reply to
John

Probably...

Its is ok with a couple of provisos. Firstly I don't think it has any flow control - only temperature. Secondly it can't cope if the hot water changes temperature. So say someone else opens a hot tap, and the boiler output temperature falls in response to the increased demand, so will the shower temperature.

The big brands will last well and offer parts support for years to come. The cheaper bar mixers ought to do at least five years, but possibly won't have spares support later. Having said that they can be very much cheaper, and are easy to swap out for a replacement since they usually use common fixing centres.

Reply to
John Rumm

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D\

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0|

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D/

Thank you! Is there a specific Make and model you (or anyone here) could recommend for a modern combi boiler.

Reply to
Tyler

We have used

two seperate bathroms now.

First time with a power shower pump, this time with a Worcester Bosch combi.

It is easier to fit as it fits in the bath tap holes, and gives a good shower flow.

It also gives you a thermostatic mixer for filling the bath, which may be an extra benfit if you use the bath as more than a shower tray.

This assuming, of course, your shower is over the bath instead of in a seperate shower enclosure.

The Trton range sems pretty god, anyway.

HTH

Dave R

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

That could start a holy war. But see the Boiler Choice FAQ for starters.

Reply to
Ed Sirett