Shower drainage problem - no fall - pump?

Some years ago we had our shower room redone and a Saniflo plus installed to take waste from toilet sink and shower. It wasn't a good job the sink waste water flowed back into the shower (if the sink was full and the plug pulled) and the shower was very slow to drain. The problem was an almost zero fall from shower, via sink to saniflow.

Is there such a thing as an 'inline pump' or other such solution that can (help) to solve the 'zero fall' problem: I'm getting fed up with it.

I have no access under the shower and only limited access to the pipe run from the shower (about 18" or so of pipe is readily accessible).

Oh: the guys who fitted the bathroom went out of business shortly afterwards: hence the problem still remains!

Many thanks for any answers or pointers.

Thanks

Lewis

Reply to
no spam here, thanks

Have a look here

I know these work if you have the space to fit it. Horrid loud slurping noises though!

Allan

Reply to
Allan Mac

I assume from what you say that the waste pipe from the basin i "tee'd" into the shower waste before it connects to the saniflo.

I've never come across any sort of in line pump, but you can now get a in line valve/trap.

you can fit this into the shower waste BEFORE the basin waste i tee'd in then you will at least be able to stop the backflow of wate into the shower tray, unfortunately I dont think there is much you ca do about the slow draining from the tray without raising the tray an getting a better fall.

Hope this helps

-- Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Spot on: that's one problem solved - many thanks, just the job!

Lewis

Reply to
no spam here, thanks

Thanks very much for the pointer - it's the closest I've come to a solution, and although I don't think it'll work for me as I don't think I have the space (I'll study the fitting instructions more closely tomorrow) it gives me confidence to have a look at some of the many products available for caravans and boats and so forth.

Thanks very much indeed.

Reply to
no spam here, thanks