Shed Felting (or lack of it supplied)

Anyone out there bought a Walton 10` x 10` workshop lately?

Just erected mine and the idiots dont give you enough felt to cover th roof.

A 14m roll (1m wide) does not cover 2 roof panels (1.8m x 3.2m each with enough allowed for proper laps, overhang at front and a coverin ridge piece.

Tried to explain this to the woman at Waltons and (being a woman) sh could not understand the concept!!

Found it well frustrating especially after spending over £500 on th bugger

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

I bought a 16 X 12 footer from them a couple of years back and it was supplied with 1 roll of felt as thick as tissue paper and torn to bits. After much arguing with (probably) the same woman I ended up supplying and paying for my own felt. I took my time erecting it using screws as the supplied nails looked like they just grabbed a handful from a mixed bucket and chucked them in. I gave it 2 good coats of preservative and made sure it was coated thoroughly. After a couple of years the roof is sagging badly, the walls are bowed, the shiplap has gaps that you can fit your hand through and the door refuses to open if it looks like it may rain. I can honestly say that it is crap quality and if you can get your money back now and buy elsewhere you will not regret it.

Franko.

Reply to
Franko

if you were any sort of a man you would build your own shed using quality materials and save youerself some money. This little woman does just that. Obviously I am more capable then you, a mere man,are.

Reply to
pammyt

Well done Pammy.

Reply to
Franko

*Mercy, Mistress!*

(More! More!)

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Oh, a feminist - how cute!

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Pammyt, do you fancy coming round and sorting my crate-of-a-shed out seeing as you are so capable. If you aren't too busy building your own that is......... Many thanks

Franko.

Reply to
Franko

Yeah, but being a man I cost time in to it! The time taken to design plan and buy the timber, then erect the bugger far out weighs th actual time taken to buy a ready built workshop on-line and erect it i

4 hours!

Plus, I did consider building my own shed but the cost was about th same. Using proper shiplap was a costly option for that size of shed so naturally went for the quicker option.

Efficient man thoughts!!

So again I reinterate... The woman at Waltons was a complete donkey an not able to grasp a simple concep

-- Cordless Crazy

Reply to
Cordless Crazy

Here Here!