services under 1000mm base unit

My services in the kitchen (water pipe and stub soil pipe for sink drainage) are to rise from the slab under and into a 1000mm base unit, which will have to be chopped about to allow this. Not sure what kitchen yet, but will be standard units (solid or flatpack). So, as a general concensus, would it be true to say that most 1000mm (and indeed 600mm) base units have a kind of "leg" dividing the unit into 2 halves lengthways (so my best point of entry would be about 1/4 or 1/3 of the way into the unit) ? I've looked at a couple, but any more common designs out there ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson