Scrim tape question

A question for those of you wise in the lore of the gypsum!

I have a mammoth plasterboard skiming session about to begin, so it's time to get all the joints taped.

Does one traditionally tape the wall to ceiling 90 degree joint as well?

Reply to
John Rumm

Yep otherwise over time it will crack

Reply to
Dave Jones

Yes, providing you are plastering both surfaces. You can't otherwise, obviously.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thought it sounded like a good idea, but wan not sure if it was common practice. I will go get taping, thanks chaps.

Reply to
John Rumm

It was a shame the coyboys who plastered my last house (c.1986) didn't follow the lead too. I had to fix it using coving.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It can be a mixed blessing. If the movememt is anything much more than a hairline crack, then the scrim tape might make it worse, and more difficult to repair.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Same problem in ours (1956), most of the ceilings have some hairline cracks at the plasterboard joins. The previous owner had the ceilings all artexed which hid them for a few years, but now they are back.

Reply to
John Rumm