Screwfix pitch roofing insulation - any good?

Good evening.

Pondering the relative benefits of Kingspan, Celotex, etc, I spotted this stuff at Screwfix.com:

cavity boards:

have had a good Google, but not found what I need to know, namely: is this stuff any good, compared with e.g. Celotex and Kingspan, for insulating my roof between and beneath rafters?

Anyone know what the thermal conductivity (lambda) is, or who makes the stuff?

The good news is that it is cheap! Is there any bad news?

Thanks very much, David Pearson.

Reply to
David Pearson

I would guess it's similar performance to them - similar sort of foam material which is the key bit. I think actually it works out at a similar cost to Kingspan if you shop around but as this is delivered to your door free it would seem a good deal.

Why not phone their technical department and tell them your BCO wants specs before allowing you to use it. That will put the onus on them to either provide the details or tell you who makes it.

Reply to
Mike

Its MASSIVLY expensive.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Doesn't seem to be.

1200 x 400 x 105 (all mm), 4 off for 37 quid.

Have I missed something important here?

Thanks, David P.

Reply to
David Pearson

I thought that at first but then you see it's for quite a large number of boards and isn't so bad. But the quantity is well hidden.

Reply to
Mike

I followed Mike's suggestion and called Screwfix. Spoke to a charming and helpful phone-answering person who told me that the manufacturer is YBS Insulation. Web site here:

... with some nice PDF files that tell you all about it.

Looks like a decent product - if I use it, I will report back here.

BTW, the data on the Screwfix web site, about this product, were approximately useless. So look it up directly at YBS if you need the data.

-David Pearson.

Reply to
David Pearson

Sheet size. There are six of these sheets in a normal 8' by 4' sheet, even with VAT included this is very expensive at around £55 per (full) sheet.

Reply to
Bolted