Screwfix - AVOID !

OK its been said before on here

But silly me, I placed and order yesterday morning and upon checking today, they dont intend shipping till tuesday When I asked why, they said - computer error, it should have gone but didn't great, this was in response to a mailshot from them saying "get your orders in for bank holiday diy"

If you can source elsewhere. my vote Ignore Screwfix like the plague

Reply to
Vass

I've spent approximately £12k with them over the past 5 years, spread out over hundreds of orders. While you do get the occasional problem, on the whole they are very, very good. They always do their best to rectify problems.

There are other suppliers, and as I mentioned before I'm tending to use Toolstation more and more as their range grows, but Screwfix are still the market leader and provide significantly better service than the vast majority of suppliers.

Reply to
Grunff

seconded, another one to look at is 'ITS London' they have an interesting range of stuff too.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Tuesday ...FFS ...This is only Wednesday . Why such a long delay .Does that mean any other orders made today or after 6pm tonight wont be shipped until Tuesday coz the flyer says after 6pm today DELIVERIES will be on Tuesday . They can also do premium deliveries on Saturday ..says the flyer ...if ordered by 6pm Thursday . Can you not call them back and shout at them .. Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

I agree with this. I haven't spent anything like as much as you - perhaps a total of £1.5k over the past few years, but I have nothing but praise for screwfix.

They've cocked up slightly on a couple of occasions; for example, I was sent a pack of Decking Screws instead of some PTFE tape once, but a single phone call resulted in them saying "Very sorry, our mistake. The PTFE tape will go out to you today - and you can have the decking screws with our compliments". Obviously it would have been better for them to get it right in the first place, but humans are fallible and it's how they deal with these inevitable little problems that counts.

As online suppliers go, they are one of the better ones IMHO.

Reply to
Chris Cowley

So why did you not tell them to cancel the order on the grounds of this mishap and go elsewhere?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I've done double that with them over the last 5 years and I have to agree.

I've also had over £300, maybe £400 compo, discounts, free delivery etc and have also learned to order and have on site /everything/ *well*

*before* starting a job. I've watched the business grow from a pamphlet to a comprehensive catalogue and will continue to do business with them for as long as I'm mug enough to try and knock a profit out of refurbs.

the jury's out as to whether I'm winning or not :-(

Reply to
.

the order 'was' cancelled then I find (because curiosity got the better of me) they had not refunded my credit card ! Which IMHO they should not have debited until they had shipped !

Reply to
Vass

We agree with it too.

And nobody - not even the OP, never makes mistakes.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

AOL - me too

Reply to
Steve Walker

what the f*ck has that got to do with it?

1 order in 6 months and they c*ck it up ! infuriating to say the least sums up this bloody country IMO
Reply to
Vass

I really don't think your powers of reasoning are sufficiently developed to allow you to analyse the situation correctly.

As you say, you are basing your opinion of Screwfix on _1_ order. That is meaningless. Several people, including myself, who have experience of hundreds of orders, have clearly stated that this is not typical of Screwfix. I order stuff from a large number of companies, and Screwfix are one of the best for customer service.

Reply to
Grunff

Do you have a link? Google obviously thinks that it is "it's London."

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Grunff

it would be a very trusting company that shipped first and debited second.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Would you?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

no but take payment on day of shipping not 5 days before ! what if they were out of stock for 4 weeks ???

Reply to
Vass

Tell us.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The message from "Vass" contains these words:

My experience couldn't have been more different. I placed my order Wednesday morning, was advised delivery would be Thursday and the order duly arrived today at 10.45am, complete and without damage.

The morning delivery surprised me somewhat as I had not paid for the faster service.

Reply to
Roger

Aytime I have ordered it has usually arrived A.M. It's not that it's a faster service .It just depends on how the couriers run is made up .The £4 or £9 extra charges are to GUARANTEE delivery before certain times.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart