"Screwed" bolts

I am looking for some bolts which are screwed on one end.

ie screw the bolt in to some wood leaving the bolt end protruding.

I could use rawlplug stud bolts - but that is overkill - they are not going to bear a large load.

I can't find what I need on the various web-sites: does anyone know what they are called (I am sure that they will exist)

Reply to
timber

Maybe hanger screws?

Matty F

Coach screws?

Screw_large.jpg

Available at most Builders' Merchants

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

Search for wood to metal dowel screws, e.g.:

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Hmm, I had some for attaching guy wires to for an aerial once but cannot remember them having a name.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well done!!!

A hanger screw is exactly what I want.

Reply to
Timber

Many thanks all : hanger screws or wood to metal dowel screws are just what I want.

cheers.

Reply to
timber

Here is your answer ... perfect solution...

Rick Hughes