Schrader valve - Coloured band and spring pressure - CH expansion vessel

I've diagnosed a leaky air valve on the expansion vessel fitted to the rear of my Vokera boiler.

I've removed the valve core and found that there's no coloured gasket material half way down when compared with car tyre cores available from Halfords

the spring in the original valve doesn't seem quite as strong as the car type.

Question - Can I use a car valve core as a replacement in this application?

Thanks & HNY

Peter

Reply to
Peter Watson

Peter Watson formulated on Saturday :

> Also the spring in the original valve doesn't seem quite as strong as the car > type.

I can think of no reason why you should not use one. Just like a tyre, all they do is hold a little air pressure in.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield