Expansion vessel - Schrader valve

The expansion vessel in our Baxi boiler has to be completely disconnected and removed to gain access to the Schrader valve. Understandably, the company that services the boiler is reluctant to do this on a regular basis (even though on the one-and-only occasion it has been checked there was no pressure and it had to be pumped up).

Is there such a thing as a flexible Schrader valve extension which could be left permanently attached to provide more convenient access? It would need to be at least 6" long.

Richard.

Richard Russell

Well - they exist, but finding one locally might be harder.

Skipweasel

Reply to
Frank Erskine

"Richard Russell" wrote

any truck parts supplier will sell them, also motorhome type places, commonly used as tyre valve extensions, where you have dual rear wheels, and thus have an awkward job getting the airline connector onto the tyres valves,

you can also get spare tyre valve extensions, mainly for motorhomes that have the spare tyre under the chassis as most vans do, but then have a low hanging body built on the chassis making crawling under to check the spares pressure a bit of a chore,

Reply to
Gazz

get it in the post via eBay. Here's one 140mm long but there are lots of sizes listed.

RobertL

IME an expansion vessel that regularly needs re-inflating will not last much longer and really needs replacing. On some boilers this is easy, on others it means a major strip-down, or removal of the boiler from the wall. P&H engineers, I notice, often abandon the dead internal unit and fit a new outboard EV in some (in)convenient nook or cranny.

Reply to
Andy Wade

swings out of the way if you need to get at the bits behind it.

Donwill

Sorry that link doesn't seem to work, try-

Donwill

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Richard Russell" saying something like:

Yes, indeed. You can get them from a commercial truck stockist, for extending the valve stems on the inner wheels of truck trailers. I had a couple of them 4" long and I'm sure there were longer ones.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon