sainsburys 18v hammer combo drill 5 quid!

Just got one whilst doing quick shop Generic chinese gear but who gives a F for a fiver? (nb sniffy pro types desist from telling me abt Makita etc :>))

JimK

Reply to
JimK

Ages ago the local small Sainsbury had a full size cordless drill for not much more - badged Draper. Keyless chuck too. Bought one to keep by the electronics bench for the odd time I needed a larger drill than the one I use most for this sort of thing. True it's had very light use - but the battery etc is still fine. Must be four or five years old.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

this one's full size too, "hammer", torque settings, variable fwd & rev, keyless chuck, blow moulded case, few HSS bits, few driver bits - probly made in same factory!

Gotta be worth a fiver to test!

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

this one's full size too, "hammer", torque settings, variable fwd & rev, keyless chuck, blow moulded case, few HSS bits, few driver bits - probly made in same factory!

Gotta be worth a fiver to test!

Cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

Worth a fiver if you break it down for the cells in the pack, the motor inside is useful too if that's your sort of thing.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

i plan to use it as a =A35 combi drill :>)

JimK

Reply to
JimK

Lol, well yes, that would be the ideal use for it.

I have built small robot platforms and kids toys before now using bits from broken cordless drills but at that price it's not worth trying to scrounge them.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

ah! :>) they sound cool - any pics?

Cheers JimK