Running electric cable and hot water pipe alongside.

Hi all

I am doing up the kitchen and have insulated the three outside walls with 50mm thermoboard. I thought it would be a good idea to leave a gap at the bottom to run pipes and cables around the bottom of the walls and up to the kitchen units. I need to run gas, hot and cold pipes and the ring main cable. The guy doing my heating and electrics is uncomfortable with this and wants to drop the electricity cables down vertically from the ceiling thereby cutting a swath through my thermoboard. Is he being over cautious? Isn't there some way to run them together using conduit or lagging or even a decent spacing between the cables and pipes, I can make the width of the channel as wide as necessary.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
Rednadnerb