RUKO locks

Anyone had any bad experiences of RUKO locks? I changed the locks on our conservatory style exterior doors just under a year ago. The lock disintegrated after a few months. After re-assembly it worked fine, until yesterday when the key would not insert fully on one side. Is this likely to be a faulty product or faulty assembly?
Exernal security is so phenomenally important that I'm considering ditching the keys and locks and getting a local professional in. When you're lock fails, you can't leave the house. It's a bit of a show stopper.