Switch locks

I just installed a few PIR activated floodlights around our home. Does anyone know of a lock to install over a light switch that prevents or makes it more difficult to turn the switch off? I know I've seen these around but I don't know what they're called so searching for them has proved difficult. Thanks.

Reply to
bregent

kzinNOSPAM99

Thanks. That'll work but it's a bit overkill. I don't really need a key lock, just a small guard that covers the toggle.

Reply to
bregent

Look for "lock out, tag out" supplies at a big box store or child safety covers at a kids store.

Reply to
HorneTD

Piece of tape?

Reply to
3rd eye

My local hardware store has some little plastic clips that attach to the cover plate screw that snaps down to prevent a lightswitch from being flipped. IIRC, they were about 50 cents....

Reply to
Andrew Duane

i can see how the thing i linked to would be overkill. OP did say he wanted a lock. Actually all i did was put locking switch cover into google and that was the first thing to come up.

ml

Reply to
kzinNOSPAM99

I've tried looking for an image, but I've seen what you are talking about at home depot.

It is a piece of plastic that stretches from the top screw to the bottom screw on the faceplate. Looks like a small bumpt that covers the snap switch, preventing the operation unless you come through one side of it. It is not TOO noticible, and prevents accidental switch operation.

Now what I did find when I was searching for the product I saw, was these:

Child safety item:

Lock out device:

hth,

tom

Reply to
The Real Tom

Follow up on a question posted a few weeks ago about locks for light switches to prevent inadvertent flipping.

Here's a link to an Amazon page featuring several models:

HeyBub

My mother was afraid of that sort of thing. She had maybe not full designs but at least ideas for one or two household devices but was afraid of them being stolen. Decades later, I said, Well, since you're doing nothing and not making any money on them anyhow, you've got nothing to lose, and maybe we can figure out a way to not get cheated. But by this time, she'd forgotten her ideas.

Reply to
mm