Rotozip alternative - B&D RT650KA

Hi,

searching for a tool for cutting asymetric bits out of a tile.

I have found a previous thread about a B&Q alternative to the Rotozip, which quotes

for the Peformance Power Pro Rotary Cutter 500W.

This was in April.

The link now shows Dremel tools, and a search doesn't find any rotary cutter (apart from lawnmowers).

There is however

by B&D which might be something similar.

Anyone tried one of these?

TIA Dave R

Reply to
Shelagh Roberts

I've got one, and I'm happy with it (haven't used it for tiles though). I've cut metal (PC case modification), and used it for longish periods while sanding the tricky bits on my front door. It doesn't seem fussy about using acessories for other brands of tool, either - I bought some Dremel gizmos and they fitted fine.

Mine was cheaper, but didn't come with the "87 accessories" listed. I reckon it's better to buy the bare tool and just get the gizmos you need, if they still sell it "bare", but YMMV.

-- jc

Reply to
Jeremy Collins

I have one and its very good.

2383 by B&D which might be something similar.

Is this the new version at £60-70? Much better and bigger & beefier. It has just come out along with some nice jig saw with a laser line.

Reply to
IMM

& Decker RT650KA Rotary Tool

by B&D which might be something similar.

Can't find anything at B&Q website about an own brand rotary cutter. Only rotary cutters I can find (apart from Rotozip) are Dremel and B&D.

I am trying to establish if the B&D will cut tiles.

Reply to
Shelagh Roberts

I think you'll find that the B&D is more a Dremel type tool so may not be up to the job. I can't see any Rotozip type tools on the website either but I know my local B&Qs have both the older 500w and newer 700w Power Pro models in stock. I would go with the PP model as you get various bases which make cutting easier

HTH

Jim

2383

Reply to
JimM

You don't need it now Shelagh, you don't have to cut any tiles to fit the back of the basin. :-)) LOL

Reply to
BigWallop