Room thermostat recommendation

Hi all,

I've decided it's time to fit a room thermostat to my central heating for a bit of improved control, but I've no idea which type is compatible with my boiler, which to give it its full title is a: Worcester Greenstar Heatslave 18/25 oil-fired condensing combi job. Preferably something well-proven and ubiquitous that I can find no problem sourcing and fitting, cheers.

cD.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Does the boiler's installation manual specify the type of stat required? [I suppose it might just specify a WB model rather than a generic description].

In any event, I don't think you can go far wrong with any programmable digital stat with volt-free contacts.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I quite like the Centaurstat 7 (screwfix), a 7 day prog stat - needs 4 AA bats that last for years (literally)

Reply to
John Rumm

I suggest that you study the installation guide for the boiler. Hopefully this will give you a clue as to how you might connect a room stat. If you don't have a copy you may be able to get one from the manufacturer's web site.

The other issue to decide is where you are going to site the thermostat and its sensor (if separate) and whether you are prepared to lay cables to the boiler or want a wireless and probably battery dependant solution.

Ideally you should also check that the contact rating of the thermostat is adequate for you boiler.

I am a fan of programmable thermostats, and I would suggest that you look at the Honeywell range for starters. It looks like you can even get ones that connect a wifi network.

Reply to
Michael Chare