Roller garage doors

Any recommendation for the best manufacturer/company for a new garage roller door?

Seceuroglide look slightly better than gliderol, and the newer LT version looks good value as well. But I do wonder if I am missing some smaller manufacturer?

--

MarkBR

Reply to
Mark BR

I'd pick a company with a long history. A garage door will last 20-30 years and you may/will need spares at some time.

We have a Steel-line door,

about 20 years old now and still going strong.

I managed to get spares from Cardale

some years back as they were the agent. They were extremely helpful.

Reply to
fred

Reply to
charles

all roller panels are motorised - most multipanel ones are hand operated. Appearance is in the eye of the beholder and my MIL's roler one was completely draught free.

Reply to
charles

ars back as they were the agent. They were extremely helpful.

Haven't Cardale been in administration at least twice in the last five years? Weren't they bought by a company that wanted a presence at the bottom end of the market? Aren't they the prefered supplier of Anglian Windows?

They may have been helpful some years ago but today I think the OP might be better off checking the "garden incinerator" thread for recommendations and throwing his money in that.

Reply to
mike

as you have enough free roof space to fit it).

Reply to
Mark

Yup. A short elderly person I was helping out, showed me her late husbands garage and proceeded to open the double width canopy door - and then for some reason she assumed that it was holding itself in the top position. It wasn't.

The door fell, and I quickly caught it. I didn't want to scare her (timid sort), so kept quiet about the fact had the heavy door caught her head (only inches away) that day would have been her last :-(

Husbands, if ye are doomed to leave this world before ya wife - does she know how to safely operate these items in your home?

Reply to
Adrian C

Don't have room for a sectional door, hardly have the headroom for a roller door but it can be done!

Thanks

-- MarkBR

Reply to
Mark BR