reversible drywall gap filling

I've just screwed a lot of plasterboard to the kitchen ceiling and want to fill in the little gaps to stop draughts so the heat doesnt escape through the floorboards above.

But some time in the future I want to take some of them down to rewire it, and I'd like to reuse the boards as I've cut them to fit.

If I use plaster cement for the gaps it'd set very hard and crumblify the boards when i take them down.

Is there a very soft caulk that I can reversibly fill the gaps with?

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

In article , george (dicegeorge) writes

Caulk contains fillers so will have some hardness when set.

If you use a paintable sealant (without fillers) you can cut through it more easily before taking down your boards.

I've used B&Q All Purpose Sealant which works for this kind of thing but is overpriced.

Silicone is another option but be aware that it is not over paintable and will reduce adhesion if over-skimming the re-used plasterboard.

Reply to
fred

expensive! £6!

B&Q All Purpose Silicone Sealant 113029 White 310ml EAN: 0000003347225 Only £5.98

decoraters caulk is £1 in the pound shop so I'll use that!

plaster cement I can get by the sackload, but it sets far too hard.

thanks

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

In article , george (dicegeorge) writes

That's outrageous, I'm sure it was about 4quid when I last got some and I thought that was steep.

I'm sure that'll do, with a sharp stanley knife to release it.

Reply to
fred