OT Marine One Helicopters

I understand that several of the helicopters are in the UK.

How do they get them here? Cargo plane?

Reply to
John

Answer here:

4

Reply to
Vortex2

> Sentence 4

Thanks for that - I had read of the car and the fleet of helicopters - but not seen a reference to how they got them here.

Reply to
John

>so, just over the luggage allowance then

Reply to
Vass

I was flying out of Orlando a few years back when Goerge Bush was visiting Florida, we have to make a 45min detour around his flight. Most annoying.

I can't remeber if the pilot did it because he was told to or was worried about friendly fire ;)

Reply to
steven.langdale

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 04:02:03 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com" wrote this:-

Ha, ha.

I have been delayed because Mrs Queen was travelling to Newcastle and the train I was on was held outside the station for something like ten minutes until she had done whatever she was doing. It is this sort of stupidity which gets up the noses of people like me who think having a royal family is vastly better than having a President Kinnock/Thatcher/Liar.

OTOH some member of the royal family (couldn't be bothered to discover who) put in an appearance at Waverley station when I was there once and it caused relatively little disruption, though if they really wanted to close some of the pedestrian exits then they should have had proper signs in place to indicate this, so that people did not waste time doubling back.

Reply to
David Hansen

At Northampton Station one morning the police had checked the loos for bombs and then locked them and posted an armed guard. Prince Charles was visiting the town - doG knows why - so security was tight. There was a coach load of OAPs in the area, with about 30 min. to wait - there were dire warnings from some of them, to the police, of the consequences on a cold morning!

Reply to
PeterC

I suppose if it was Viscount Lindley visiting the police would be checking the toilets for glory holes.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

"Permanently by his side will be Reggie Love, his personal aide, who exercises with the president and keeps a permanent supply of his favourite food and drinks to hand."

"Reggie Love, get us a drink would you?" :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Just there to complement Brown's Darling ...

Reply to
geoff

4 hours of negotiations ( or less if Monsieur Le President walks out ) at a cost of 4 million squids.
Reply to
anythingyoulike

"My President's better than your Prime Minister..."

Owain

Reply to
Owain