Restoring bleached furniture

Can anyone recommend an easy way to restore the colour in wooden furniture that has been bleached by the sun?

Reply to
tonyrilett

What's the timber and what's the finish ? Is this colour in the timber, or was it applied later ?

There's probably nothing that will "restore" the old colour (for sun bleaching), it's a question of applying a new colour over the top of it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Just use wood dye. I take it you don't mean that it has turned silver? AFAIK the only way to stop a weathered wooden surface looking silver is to sand it back to unweathered wood.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

It has just occurred to mean that you mean indoor furniture. In that case, if there is no varnish involved, perhaps oiling the furniture with Danish Oil might work. Try it on a small area. Other than that wood dye is all I can think of.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece

I've got a lot of plain 'open' wood, mainly just Pine. I use the cheapest oil I can find which has been Mangers Teak Oil from B & Q. It adds very little colour to the wood. It doesn't stink the house out for a day. I've also used a plant sprayer to apply it to old roof timbers. Cover you mouth if you are spraying it.

x-- 100 Proof News -

30+ Days Binary Retention with High Completion x-- Access to over 1.9 Terabytes per Day - $8.95/Month x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

Reply to
Chris McBrien