Replacing the drive belt on a tumble dryer

ok getting the broken drive belt was easy but how do you get the new belt in. Do I assume that I have to release the drum from the seal at the front to get the new belt over the drum.

Kevin

Reply to
Zen83237

Sometimes it is easier to lay the machine on its face, detach the back bearing and slip the belt over that way. Just depends how the machine is built. When you get about half the screws out you tend to see which way not to do it!! Put some precautionary oil on the bushes of the tensioning pulleys as they tend to dry out and squeak in time.

Good luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

;-)

On mine you have to pre de-tension the motor (well you may not have to but I prefer to), releasing the tension (a cable tie from underneath) once the machine is back together. It's actually quite a tension as well!

Then knock it's plain bush out if you don't. I think I rate having a lathe very close to owning a GPS, angle grinder and MIG welder as one of those 'don't know how I could live without' sorta things. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Go here

on the forums choose the appropiate forum post a request giving name and model no. of tumble dryer

Reply to
Walt

Belt's a lot easier to get on if you give it a little snip first :)

NT

Reply to
NT

All back together and working again.