replacement part sought for Hygena Gas Grill

Hi all it looks like part of the grill on our gas cooker is starting to break down.

It's a Hygena Select 610G cooker, the type where the grill is inside the cooker, ie. you can only use the grill or the oven at one time (grr). There is an assembly which fits into the jet and extends for most of the width of the cooker. The upper part of this has a pipe and holes out of which the flames come. There is also a lower (pressed-on?) 'sheeted' part which appears to be coming away from the rest of the assembly. As a result of this some gas is coming out of the join area instead of the holes, causing a sputtering and (I assume) a loss of real grill power.

Apologies for a poor description! Anywa, any idea what this might be called and where I might get hold of a spare, if possible? Haven't had much joy with the usual on-line places.

Thanks Jon N

Reply to
The Night Tripper

As I just replied in another thread, try

Gasworks

299 Shirley Road Southampton Hampshire SO15 3HU

Telephone: 023 8078 3031 Fax: 023 8049 9035 Web:

were very helpful when I needed new radiants a year or so back for an old New World gas fire.

Reply to
polygonum

This plate has small holes behind it to leak a small amount of gas out which emerges at low velocity next to the main burner holes. This low velocity gas burns at the edge of the plate and serves to ignite the gas at the base of the main burner. Without it, the gas/air mixture emerging from the main burner holes is traveling at a high enough velocity for the flame to lift off the burner.

So this plate is to prevent flame lift-off, and it should have gas coming out from behind it, as you have observed.

What you have described is the normal operation of a gas grill horizontal burner.

As for what's wrong, can you describe the "sputtering" in more detail?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel