repairing a rip in cushioned vinyl

Evening all,

I just ripped a fair-sized tear in my new cushioned vinyl kitchen floor, the tear being two sides of a triangle about 10-15cm long.

(OK, so it's time to put some castors under the legs of the fridge and freezer)

Please can anyone offer advice on fixing this?

Zach

Reply to
zach

If it`s a fairly "neat" rip , then you can try gluing it down or using double sided tape.

If it`s not a neat rip , and you have have a spare offcut, then cut out a neat square and insert an identical piece from your offcut into the gap ( gluing etc.)

I did this second method fairly successfully after the dog ( when she was a puppy) decided to try and tunnel a hole in the newly laid cushion-floor.on the kitchen side of a closed door. The pattern consisted of squares so I just cut out a square and inserted an identical square fromthe offcut .

It was virtually unnoticeable when I had finished.

A useful tip when shifting fridges, washing machines etc. when you have cushion floor is to slip a bit of carpet offcut UNDERNEATH the machine to be moved and then it will move/slide easily over the vinyl without damging it.

HTH

Reply to
Reteplav