Repair of reading glasses

In message , gazz writes

Just drill a hole in between the eyebrows (experiment on Alaisdair Darling first), hammer a rawlplug in, then you can just screw them in

rotate them out of the way when not required

Reply to
geoff

Animal magnetism ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , Bill writes

Then just stick a blob of JB weld on the join

Reply to
geoff

Been done

Andy Burns

Hi Bill, hope the repair is holding together.

I just got to thinking about what you said above though. Most people who use reading glasses find that their accommodation worsens over the years and a prescription that was valid 35 years ago definitely won't be right now. I appreciate though that they may be "good enough". What I can't help wondering though is why she's hung on to the same pair for so many years. Might it be not that they ever had any sort of fancy coating but in fact belonged to her mother?

It would possibly explain the determination to hang on to them long beyond their normal life span.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie