Removing GripFill

Does anyone know how to remove solidified Gripfill?
Can't be sure, but it looks like it might be Gripfill. Someone has attached carpet gripper extrusions to a concrete floor with some sort of paste/glue which has squeejee'd along the length of the gripper. Light brown appearance, and pretty solid.
I wondered whether there was a chemical agent which could deal with this, or if it's hard graft with a chisel.
PoP
That stuff could be hot melt glue
--
regards
Dave Batter

Good suggestion, but I'm used to hot melt glue and this didn't have the right consistency. Hot melt glue usually dries to be a bit rubbery and can be attacked with a stanley knife, this was more akin to dried and hardened polyfilla in its makeup (I've no idea if that makes it a pointer to gripfill - I have to admit having only recently started using gripfill and don't recall having gone back to a previously made joint, so I don't know what it physically dries like).
It's a light brown colour too, hence gripfill came to mind ahead of hot melt.
PoP

Only thing I know it a scraper / chisel. I'm sure there is a chemical somewhere but It must be pretty nasty to remove that stuff.
Sorry
Tony

Thanks for that.
I bought me a Bosch electric scraper last week, can't imagine why I hadn't thought of trying that on this job before your response came thru!
PoP

Should work. I loaned mine to my neighbour last week to remove some. Still fairly time consuming though.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Hello PoP

Easy, get somebody else to do it.

Floor level stuff is almost as easy, use a garden spade.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK