Removing glued down vinyl flooring from concrete?

The previous owner of my house glued down the vinyl floor coverings in a small toilet and the utility room. They are well stuck, albeit with ripples in places. I want to remove this and have the floors, which are concrete and in excellent condition ready for ceramic tiling. Any tips please? Thanks.
--
Best Regards,
Chris

Garden spade.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK

Once you've got the vinyl up (I cut it into 2' strips with a stanley knife and then peeled) you'll be left with a nice sticky rubbery residue.
The best way I found to deal with this was with a scraper from screwfix, which takes replaceable blades, cost about 5 and new blades 3 for 10. Maybe their floor scraper would be easire, but since my kitchen was very small the hand one was perfect for the job.
Good luck!
Harv