Removing glued down vinyl flooring from concrete?

The previous owner of my house glued down the vinyl floor coverings in a small toilet and the utility room. They are well stuck, albeit with ripples in places. I want to remove this and have the floors, which are concrete and in excellent condition ready for ceramic tiling. Any tips please? Thanks.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Hello Chris

Garden spade.

Reply to
Simon Avery

Once you've got the vinyl up (I cut it into 2' strips with a stanley knife and then peeled) you'll be left with a nice sticky rubbery residue.

The best way I found to deal with this was with a scraper from screwfix, which takes replaceable blades, cost about £5 and new blades £3 for 10. Maybe their floor scraper would be easire, but since my kitchen was very small the hand one was perfect for the job.

Good luck!

Harv

Reply to
Harv