Remove soot from beige carpet?

Hi
Just had two cowboys from yellow pages in to sweep my chimneys so now have a beige carpet covered in soot. Any thing to get it of or should I just bin it? Cheers
Scott
Scott wrote:

Get your household insurance policy out!

Get your money back from the sweeps and then get your house insurance policy out.
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
In uk.d-i-y, Scott wrote:

[a] Don't pay them [b] Send them the bill to have it cleaned.
--
Nigel Mercier

Please remove NOSPAM from my return address
Didnt pay them. Judging by the state of the E reg montego they arrived in dont think they are going to pay any bills.
What sort of cleaner should I try. Wet, Dry? Scott

Hover out all the dry stuff.
Then use a wet cleaner with carpet shampoo.
I have a Numatic George, circa 180 pounds, but you can buy no-brand wet vac for 40 or less.
Steve