Recelling services

Apparently Zippo lighters needing repair can't be sent in the post anymore, because they might contain fuel.

"Please note: The Royal Mail have recently adopted regulations which classify Zippo lighters as dangerous goods. As a result of this classification any lighters that are sent via Royal Mail services could be returned or destroyed. Zippo UK are working to seek a reclassification of our lighters allowing them to be transported by the Royal Mail".

Bear in mind the Zippo warranty - "it works forever, or we fix it for free" that must be causing problems.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I sold an air rifle on the 'net a couple of years ago, on behalf of a friend, and getting around the restrictions on where I could advertise it was bad enough, only to discover that no-one would transport the item. It went by Parcel Force, labelled "vehicle parts" in the end.

Reply to
Huge

some years ago my amateur theatre group took a production to Jersey. BA wouldn't take prop swords as hold baggage. One of our members had to go by car ferry - where he had no problem at all.

Reply to
charles

Really?

I brought a *real* sword back from the USA as hold baggage. On BA. They wouldn't carry it as cabin baggage, though.

Reply to
Huge