Real Oak Wooden Flooring

i am thinking about getting Real Oak Woden Floring but down in my hall and kitchen about 30 square metres.

It will involve takingup the existing floorboards as the are in really bad condition

Does anyone have any advice comments on doing this / things to look out for ?

Thanks

Jones

Reply to
rocyn

There have been a few useful articles posted here before, look them up for a start. Consider under-floor insulation (is it a suspended floor?). Get good stuff from a timber merchant such as Jewson (they will be able to show you samples) of decent width (6" or so). I would avoid high shine finishes, they make even an expensive floor look like cheap laminate.

That's not floor boarding, that's parquet!!!

Christ! You get what you pay for, then!

"Laminate finish".

________________________________________________________________ Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com

Reply to
jerrybuilt

Not done personally, but we had 4 inch oak boards put down a year ago. These were attached to 2x2 battens screwed into concrete.

I think the only think of relevance to you is that as these used secret (hidden) nailing, the 4 inch boards apparently lessened the chance of bowing/curling vs wider boards. We also had the boards in the house for a month to acclimatise before laying them down. Only the slightest movements perceptible in the last 12 months.

Mark W.

Reply to
Mark Webb