oak flooring question

We have some very dark spots randomly about our tongue-in-groove oak flooring that were uncovered when we pulled carpets up. Friends tell me it's probably from pet urine from previous owners.

I intend to refinish the floors and stay with bare floors. What is a chemical treatment I can use to lighten those spots during refinishing?

Reply to
rb

Sand first, then oxalic acid. Either the direct crystals or it's the most common active ingredient in the "wood deck cleaners". Go carefully to not over-bleach.

Reply to
dpb

Do what dpb told you. If it does not get it out to your satisfaction, consider a stain on the wood to darken the rest of it so the spots don't stand out as much.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski